|Oct. 10th, 2005 07:30 pm 2005 National Media Market Report from Las Vegas|
I just flew back from Las Vegas and boy are my arms tired!Leave a comment
but that is what I expected to see when I visited Bugsy Seigel's vision in the desert.
That Vegas is a long gone as the Rat Pack,
but there are plenty pictures of Frank Sinatra, Vito Corleone and Tony Montana.
I was in Sin City to attend the "2005 National Media Market" http://www.nmm.net/05Schedule.htm.
The highlight featured the keynote speaker, Mona Golabek, concert pianist and author of
"The Children of Willesden Lane." http://www.twbookmark.com/authors/26/2402/
Golabek is currently in negotiation with a major studio to bring this holocaust drama about music to the big screen.
Since I am not a big gambler, I did leave Las Vegas $5.00 ahead from roulette.
Now that I am a winner from Vegas, below are my 8 tips for your next visit to Sin City.
Onward Christian Soldiers!
1. Read "Las Vegas for Dummies"
2. There is so much to do by just walking around the Strip
3. The "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" places are
in the north part of the strip.
4. Visit http?//www.Las Vegas.com
5. Drink plenty of water.
6. Be prepared to go in sensory overload,
especially given the
3 hour time difference.
7. Watch the James Caan Show on NBC, it really helps!
8. Some guys and girls will give you free flash cards on the Strip.
These flash cards do not contain baseball stats.