|Jun. 15th, 2008 12:48 pm Kore Movies Episode 4|
Leave a comment
* Intro by Phoenix Snider
* Actress Rachel Galvin joins The Kore!
* City of Ember
* Supermax: Green Arrow
* Sam Raimi Would Return For ‘Spider-Man 4′
* Rainn Wilson in for ‘Transformers 2′
* 30 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Didn’t Know About
* Teen actor in upcoming ‘Harry Potter’ film killed
* James Bond: Quantum of Solace
* ReBoot Feature
* Frank Miller Assures That ‘The Spirit’ Is Not Another ‘Sin City’
* Mel Brooks to Produce Horror-Film “Pizzaman”
* Indiana Jones movie upsets communists | Grosses > $215m
* Land of the Dead
* Blu-ray DVD format may not dominate for years
* Low water pressure hampers fight against Universal Studios fire
o Clint Eastwood Thinks Spike Lee Should Shut His Face
o “Has he ever studied the history?” he asks, in that familiar near-whisper.
Eastwood has no time for Lee’s gripes. “He was complaining when I did Bird
[the 1988 biopic of Charlie Parker]. Why would a white guy be doing that?
I was the only guy who made it, that’s why. He could have gone ahead and made it.
Instead he was making something else.” As for Flags of Our Fathers, he says, yes,
there was a small detachment of black troops on Iwo Jima as a part of a munitions
company, “but they didn’t raise the flag. The story is Flags of Our Fathers, the
famous flag-raising picture, and they didn’t do that. If I go ahead and put an
African-American actor in there, people’d go, ‘This guy’s lost his mind.’ I mean,
it’s not accurate.”
Eastwood pauses, deliberately - once it would have provided him with the beat in
which to spit out his cheroot before flinging back his poncho - and offers a last
word of advice to the most influential black director in American movies.
“A guy like him should shut his face.”
* Rachel Galvin and her cinema experience
Here is the link;